||3 days ago|
|Assets||5 months ago|
|Scripts||5 months ago|
|README.md||2 months ago|
|changes.md||2 months ago|
|premium-improvements.md||3 days ago|
|sources.md||1 month ago|
Go Incognito: A Guide to Security, Privacy, & Anonymity
Go Incognito is a video-based course teaching users of varying experience levels about privacy, security, and anonymity. It’s part of the Techlore mission to educate users and provide them with not only a tutorial for improving their data habits, but to transform their way of thinking about why, where, when, and how to treat their personal information. Go Incognito is available free to watch, is shareable to the public through a Creative Commons license, and will one day include a premium version for users who want perks and to support our cause. It’s been in production since May, 2018, and is still in the process of being released.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Navigating Go Incognito
- Watch Go Incognito Now For Free
- All scripts for every lesson have been completed since summer of 2018. You'll find them here sorted by section.
- The changelog accounts for changes. Things change, but so can the changelog.
- The sources used in each lesson are available here.
- Section 4 is currently being produced. Lessons are first uploaded to YouTube, so visit our channel https://www.youtube.com/c/techlore to catch them as they are released. There's a Go Incognito playlist located at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3KeV6Ui_4CayDGHw64OFXEPHgXLkrtJO
- Current goal to complete production of the course by the end of 2020
Premium vs Free Version
- All information between the two versions are exactly the same.
- Free includes short self-developed ads at the beginning of each lesson.
- Free is being released first, and is more prone to mistakes and improvements. Before premium is published, I'll be remastering the lessons and applying as many changes from the changelog as possible.
- Free is accessible on YouTube, and is under Creative Commons meaning you can upload it anywhere you want. Assuming: A) It's unmodified B) It's unmonetized and C) Techlore is credited.
- Premium will include many more perks to make the experience more engaging, including: Checklists for certain lessons, fun interactive activies, a certificate, direct support along the way, and more.
Contributing to Go Incognito
There are several ways you can support this initiative, here are the main methods:
- Directly donating to our channel through Patreon, Brave Rewards, Monero, or other donation methods found here.
- Sharing the course with your friends and family. It's friendly to both beginners and advanced users alike.
- Sharing and spreading the course to different communities around the internet.
- Uploading the free course to a platform of your choice. Because the free course is licensed under Creative Commons, go for it! Read the instructions on things to keep in mind in the 'Premium vs Free Version' section to avoid violating the license.
- Translating the scripts to another language. I don't have an easy way to streamline this process yet, so email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.